CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
FLASH FICTION CONTEST
Thanks to everyone who entered our 2023 Flash Fiction Contest. The winners are:
- WINNER: “As Mother Said” by Erin Keating
- RUNNER-UP: “Dig” by Mia Dalia
- RUNNER-UP: “The Morning After” by Nathaniel Lee
- RUNNER-UP: “Dandelion Spring” by Frank Oreto
- The story must have horror elements and relate to the theme of changing seasons. How you choose to interpret that theme is up to you, but it must be central to the story.
- The image included on this page is for interest purposes only and not intended as a prompt.
- Deadline to submit is April 1, 2023 (11:59pm CST)
- It must be previously unpublished.
- Submissions must be in English, but authors from anywhere in the world are welcome to submit.
- A minimum of ONE winner will be announced on or before June 1, 2023. The top flash piece will be produced for audio narration on Tales to Terrify and receive $50 (USD). Up to four runners up may also be considered for production.
- Authors retain the rights to their submitted stories.
- up to 1,500 words
- Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format
- Double spaced
- 12 pt. Courier New or Times New Roman font
Please include author, title and word count on first page.
Stories pasted into the body of an email will be rejected without being read.
For further details on submission criteria and what styles/topics of horror fiction we look for, please check out our standard Submissions page.